Since the year 2000, the fashion industry has been subject to an exponential growth in production, reaching the figure of 4.3 million tons of clothing manufactured in one year. The “fast fashion” phenomenon allows consumers to buy 60% more clothes than 15 years ago, but how does this excessive production affect the environment?
The fertilizers and pesticides used in the production of cotton, the manufacture of synthetic materials, the use of chemical substances or the pollution created by producing factories, are some of the negative factors that can affect the environment, and some of these are irreversible.
The denim industry increasingly needs to find production methods which are sustainable and respectful with the planet. Techniques such as wear and tear, creases, ripped areas, worn-out looks or back knee effects are present in a great variety of denim garments found in today’s market.
What does laser technology bring to the textile industry?
In Macsa ID we have directed all our R&D&I efforts to make the Lasertex an ecological benchmark in the textile industry. Lasertex is an advanced laser platform that allows garments of denim, leather and other fabrics to be given the exact appearance required by the latest fashion design.
Lasertex systems are in high demand due to their speed, cleanliness and flexibility. They offer the manufacturer a powerful tool that responds to the demands of the fashion industry by increasing its production capacity. If two lasers are used to print two designs at the same time, productivity can be increased to the highest level: more than 4,000 units per day.
The success of lasers in the textile industry is linked to the benefits that the laser has already demonstrated in other productive sectors.
- Accuracy. Designs can be achieved that until now were impossible to make.
- Works with a wide range of materials. It can cut fabrics of all kinds, from rayon to cotton and from denim to chamois cloth.
- Speed. Production times in the workshops are reduced significantly.
- Versatility. The creative and technical possibilities of the laser make it a technology that marks a difference in any type of design, whether it be haute couture, children’s fashion or the latest advances in technological sportswear.
- Eco-friendly. The environmental footprint of the company is considerably reduced, given the reduction in water consumption, chemicals and purification costs. They are systems that reduce the environmental footprint, increasing at the same time the precision, reproducibility and speed of the finishing processes. On average, Lasertex by Macsa reduces 64% water consumption in the manufacture of jeans, for example.
The range of lasers for textile purposes produced by Macsa ID is composed of:
- Lasertex Advanced: Versatility and high resolution printing, highly productive. Comprising a double conveyor belt, high production rates can be achieved as both belts can move forward.
- Mannequin System. Additional module available for the Lasertex Advanced laser with a lateral shift system that allows production to take place quickly without the need for monitors. The marking can be controlled from the working position.
- Lasertex Prime: mono conveyor belt, high quality engraving, solid and compact steel structure.
- Lasertex Unno: an ideal machine to get started in the world of laser engraving on jeans, other kinds of textile garments or other types of materials. Continuous engraving table with compact dimensions so it can be installed in small places.
- Lasertex 30: the best machine on the market to achieve high definition designs which are very precise, thanks to the non-laser beam, which works in an area of 30 × 30 cm.
For more information, please go to www.macsatextile.com or contact us directly. We will be delighted to help you.