Laser marking on polyethylene and recycled polypropylene freezer bags
What are the key benefits of laser marking on freezer bags?
- Sustainability: We reduce the carbon footprint by using recycled materials and a marking process that generates no waste.
- Traceability: Each laser-marked bag contains detailed information about origin, packing date, and more, ensuring quality from production to the final consumer.
- ♻️ Recyclability: We facilitate the recycling process by avoiding inks or additional materials that hinder component separation.
Recycled materials require the search for marking and coding technologies that are both sustainable and profitable for companies. This type of recycled materials is on the rise in the food market due to environmental concerns and evolving government regulations.
Traceability is crucial in the frozen food industry to guarantee product quality and enable swift detection or recall in emergencies.
Production lines in this sector operate under low temperatures, making laser marking an ideal choice. Laser marking provides cold-resistant, permanent, and highly legible markings, ensuring visibility throughout the product’s shelf life.
For this reason, more and more manufacturers are opting for this more sustainable and safer technology compared to traditional ink marking methods.
The use of Macsa’s SPA2 UV laser allows permanent marking without burning or deteriorating the substrate, ensuring high definition and quality. Laser coding on polyethylene and polypropylene ensures traceability throughout the product’s life without generating waste.
The colour of the substrate and the size of the elements to be marked define the power to be used and the speed to be reached. In this case, with laser marking we have achieved good contrast.
- Laser: SPA2 UV
- Market: Food
- Material: Polyethylene and Polypropylene
- Product: Seafood freezer bags
- Application: Coding